Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ain't That a Shame

It's NOVEMBER!!! One of my favorite months! No, not because it's my birthday month, but because of Thanksgiving!!! Thanksgiving and the 4th of July are my absolute favorites! I love getting together with my huge family and eating good food! What could be better than that?

This morning Kole dumped Abby's basket of hair things (elastics, bows, etc.) all over the couch. I told him if he wanted a snack, he had to clean them up. So as he threw his little tantrum on the living room floor, and the stairs, and his bedroom, and the kitchen, I found myself singing the chorus to the song by Fat Domino, 'Ain't That a Shame'. I'm terribly sympathetic in case you haven't noticed.
For those of you who weren't raised with the good oldies... 

Chorus says: Ain't that a shame.
My tears fell like rain.
Ain't that a shame.
You're the one to blame.

Had a taquito thrown at my face.

Out of all the Halloween candy, Kole is eating smarties and singing, "I'm eating smarties. I'm a smartie."

The kids have been WILD today. More than normal. I called Roger to see if he was off work yet, he had just gotten off and has a 50 min commute home (if traffic is good). I told him, "You should probably hurry like your children's lives depend on it... Because they might."


No comments:

Post a Comment